Assalamualaikum. I pray that you are in the best of faith and health. Insya Allah.
As promised, this is the continuation of my explanation about the first part of attesting towards not worshipping anything else but Allah.
The Declaration of Faith that is required of a Muslim, male or female is to testify clearly without an iota of doubt that they solemnly believe and know that 'There is no other deity worthy of worship but Allah the Almighty'.
This declaration is called the bedrock of belief in Islam. 'La ila ha ill lall Laah!'
Anyone who says the above attestation with full knowledge and sincerity becomes a Muslim, a Believer of Allah and is considered as a Mukmin, a Faithful Servant of Allah.
Those whom I have interviewed and asked as to how many Gods they believe in and have replied that they believe in only 'one God' are at times surprised to learn that they are already considered as 'half a Muslim'?
Critics might argue that such a consideration is wrong for they believe in something else other than Allah and thus can't be considered as so?
Well, for a Da'ee like me, it is a matter of perception.
Sure, we can argue from daybreak till the cows come home and still fail to come to an understanding about such an opinion but to me as a Caller to Islam, I look at it with a certain angle of positivity!
Easy! The person has already conceded that 'There is only ONE GOD!'
Now comes the matter of defining who is that One God whom we Muslims come to worship?
We must then carefully guide the person or persons into coming to learn about THE ONE GOD we Muslims submit to and point out the differences in what they had misunderstood as to be the true God?
Tact and wisdom must be used by the Caller to Islam in exposing the truth about the false god or gods that they have been taught to worship all these while.
The Caller to Islam must help them discover True Almighty Allah, who has created them, us and all that there is in the Universe or universes that we have yet to come to discover?
It's all a matter of perception, strength of Iman and correct manner and methods of carrying out instructional Dakwah al Islamiyah in the manner that draws people to Islam instead of making them run for the nearest exits?
As a Muslim, we are expected to be amongst those whom Rasul Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam asks us to deliver from him even an 'ayah' to those who have yet to learn about Allah and Islam?
It's not easy, I understand but then again what is easy?
We are born from our mother's wombs, helpless and at the mercy of those who are our parents and in lieu of them being around to care and nurture us, our guardians?
Life is not meant to be easy. Just look at all that is around us.
There is a constant series of struggles for each and every living being, creature, insect, plant, even the unseen microscopic germs and bacteria that are in the zillions and trillions of numbers even in ourselves what more within us, all around us and throughout the entire Creation?
Well, that is the truth of Life and those who have a fair sense of knowledge and understanding will consider and contemplate on all that I am sharing and saying here!
To those of us who have spent our life in learning about all these, such knowledge is useless if we keep it to ourselves and just mind our own business!
The reality is that nothing will change for us if we choose to be so self centred and stingy in sharing or disseminating our acquired knowledge about all that we have come to know and understand as we move through our remaining seconds, minutes, hours and days of our life?
The first to enter into the burning Hellfire as to what I have come to learn are those who are knowledgeable but chose to keep their 'ilm @ knowledge to themselves and died without passing on all that they have learned to others.
So, let's take a look into the meaning of 'La ila ha ill lall Laah'.
Allah the Almighty says in the Holy Qur'an Surah Adh Dhariyat Chapter 51 Verse 56:
56. Wama khalaqtu aljinna waal-insa illa liyaAAbudooni
56. And I (Allah) created not the Jinns and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone).
And in Surah An Nahl Chapter 16 Verse 36 of the Holy Al Qur'an Al Kareem Allah says:
36. Walaqad baAAathna fee kulli ommatin rasoolan ani oAAbudoo Allaha waijtaniboo alttaghoota faminhum man hada Allahu waminhum man haqqat AAalayhi alddalalatu faseeroo fee al-ardi faonthuroo kayfa kana AAaqibatu almukaththibeena
36. For We assuredly sent amongst every People an apostle, (with the Command), "Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taghut (all false deities i.e. do not worship Taghut besides Allah)". Then of them were some whom Allah guided, and some whose straying away from Allah was justified (out of their own volition @ choice). So travel through the land and see what was the end of those who denied (the Truth of Islam)?
Through the years since our Father, the Blessed Prophet Adam Alaihis Salam who was created by Allah in the best of forms not evolved as the latter day smart alecs would have us believe, the Truth of Islam has already been delivered to Mankind by way of the teachings of the 124,000 over Prophets and Messengers that Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala has appointed and sent to us but as we all know, some listened to the Prophets and were saved from Ignorance but there were also many who succumbed to their own ego's and refused to submit to worshipping Allah?In the verse above, Allah clearly tells us that He sent to every Ummah @ Community amongst Mankind a Caller to Him and Islam asking them to Worship Him Alone!
Yet as we all know Mankind can also be very stubborn and obstinate, refusing to listen or submit to the Truth of Allah and the Teachings of Islam.
What can we do?
Can we just mind our own business and let the people of today go to waste?
Youngsters living a life full of challenges and social diseases today despite the tremendous advancements that Mankind has made and achieved today still end up getting lost, hurt, abused and victimized by the devilish ones amongst us in society.
This takes place all over the world, even in Arabia and the Middle East, the lands of the Prophets and Messengers of Allah?
'La ila ha ill lall Laah' is lost upon the lost ones of modern human society whose only creed is to enjoy and rock on towards a certain doom in this modern yet uncaring self centred world!
Only when they are wasted away and starting to realize the deep shit that they have fallen in and drowning in self pity and sorrow will they want to muster a feeble cry out for HELP!!!
By that time, sometimes it will be a case of too late! The damage would have been done! Emotionally, physically, spiritually, mentally!
Kaput! A basket case meant to be shoved aside and wait for things to just take place on their own?
Life can be hard for them. As the saying goes, ' You shall reap what you sow?'
For most young people, reasoning such as this is wasted on them because they are in a state of delusional euphoria of thinking and dreaming that everything is beautiful and at that stage of their life's they are untouchable?
So to those of us who have been through our own years of ignorance ( Age of Jahiliyyah), we ought to try and help out those who are being overcome by the waves of social calamities and hedonism that is being sponsored by the government's apathy towards such root causes of our society's ascending problems and the general ' I don't give a shit' attitudes of the masses what more of those who are working in the religious departments and agencies whose mindset is an '8 to 5 punch in punch out' mindset?
As long as they get their pay at the end of the month, they are contented to just while away their working hours talking politics or discussing the latest 'Akademi Fantasia' contestants?
Da'ee's and Muslim activists ought to reach out to the struggling lost youths of today and try save them before they end up as among the statistics of those who have given birth to the growing number of illegitimate children amongst the Malaysian general public?
Bring them to understand that they have Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala to depend on and help teach them about Islam in the real sense.
Islam is simple and is actually quite easy to understand and apply in our daily life's.
The problem starts when Muslims waste away their life's arguing about this and that and forget to feed their souls with the Mercy and Energy of Iman towards Allah Ar Rahman Al Kareem?
Let's take a look at Surah Al An'am. Chapter 6 Verses 151 to 153 in the Holy Qur'an:
151. Qul taAAalaw atlu ma harrama rabbukum AAalaykum alla tushrikoo bihi shay-an wabialwalidayni ihsanan wala taqtuloo awladakum min imlaqin nahnu narzuqukum wa-iyyahum wala taqraboo alfawahisha ma thahara minha wama batana wala taqtuloo alnnafsa allatee harrama Allahu illa bialhaqqi thalikum wassakum bihi laAAallakum taAAqiloona
151. Say O Muhammad SAW: "Come, I will recite what God has (really) prohibited you from?:
- Join not anything as equal with Him; (La ila ha ill lall Laah!)
- Be good and dutiful to your parents;
- Do not kill your children because of your poverty; Allah provides sustenance for you and for them;-
- Do not come near Al-Fawahish @ major sins, illegal sexual intercourse, adultery, drug abuse, alcoholism, etc). Whether committed openly or in secret;
- Do not kill anyone whom Allah has forbidden, except for a just cause (according to Islamic Law)
- This does He command you, that you may learn wisdom.
152. Wala taqraboo mala alyateemi illa biallatee hiya ahsanu hatta yablugha ashuddahu waawfoo alkayla waalmeezana bialqisti la nukallifu nafsan illa wusAAaha wa-itha qultum faiAAdiloo walaw kana tha qurba wabiAAahdi Allahi awfoo thalikum wassakum bihi laAAallakum tathakkaroona
152. And come not near to the orphan's property, except to improve it, until he or she attain the age of full strength;
- give measure and weight with (full) justice;- no burden do We place on any soul, but that which it can bear;-
- whenever ye speak, speak justly, even if a near relative is concerned; and
- fulfil the covenant of God: thus doth He command you, that ye may remember.
153. Waanna hatha siratee mustaqeeman faittabiAAoohu wala tattabiAAoo alssubula fatafarraqa bikum AAan sabeelihi thalikum wassakum bihi laAAallakum tattaqoona
153. Verily, this is My way, leading straight: follow it: follow not (other) paths: they will scatter you about from His (great) path: thus doth He command you. that ye may be righteous.
Work towards learning about Allah and then go teach others so that they too might come to learn and appreciate Islam for what it really is and not what the Islamophobes fear it to be?
Will continue later.